Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day at "The Wine House"

I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day. I used to think that it was important, that chocolates, flowers and gifts were of utmost importance. But then I was disappointed time and time again. Now that I am older and wiser, I realize that Valentine's Day is not significant, that if I love someone and if they love me in return, we should know that every day, not just on one day. Valentine's Day is just an excuse for Hallmark, chocolate makers, and people who grow roses to stress people out and rake in the money. Last year Yadi and I did not celebrate Valentine's Day, but this year he - a Valentine's Day non-believer - took me out for a really great dinner at a posh place called "The Wine House". It's located somewhere near Panora mall in a converted house located in a very wealthy neighborhood (huge houses, high fences, guard dogs and security... not to mention streets lined with Audis and BMWs). The restaurant was perfect. The walls and rafters were decorated with red streamers and heart shaped balloons. We had a quiet table to the side and were served with a cheese plate and salad to start, followed by steak medallions, and a heart shaped chocolate brownie to conclude the night. We also had a nice bottle of "testi" wine (stored in a special container). It was a really nice night with good conversation, fantastic company, and even an accordion/violin serenade. I'm not sure what the normal menu is like at this restaurant (it was a Valentine's Day set menu) but it is a really nice place and very romantic, but a little expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment